Traditions: Mother’s Day
Baguette was born in April, so my first Mother’s Day was, like every other day, filled with New Mommy Exhaustion. But Mr. Sandwich wanted to make it special for me, and gave me all three things that I asked for.
Last year, all of us were a lot more mobile. But we were also trying to get together with Mr. Sandwich’s mother, since his parents live in the area. So I took a couple of hours to go shopping, but that was pretty much all the time I had to myself.
My solution? Take a day off from work and spend the time doing things that I want to do. I tried it last year, and it worked beautifully. So I’m doing it again today: Breakfast at Panera. Checking how Amazon Prime Streaming works (finally watched Mean Girls). Getting a massage. A two-hour massage. Having an unrushed shower. It’s been a really nice day.
On top of that, Kathy V. of Don’t Forget to Feed the Baby nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award.
So, for the rules:
- Add the award to your blog. Done
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you and add a link to their blog. Thank you, Kathy V. (See above for link)
- Mention 7 random things about yourself. I’ve already been nominated for this award twice, so you can find things here and here. Bonus thing: When people express surprise about learning that I was in a sorority, I say, “Then you’ll really be shocked to find out that in high school, I was in pep squad.” Huh. Maybe that’s two things.
- List the rules. You are reading them now.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers. I agree with Kathy V. that this can seem spammy. But if you’re looking for new blogs to read, please check out my Links page.