Greening Our Home
Here are things we want to do to reduce the environmental impact of whatever house we wind up buying.
- Add solar panels
- Plant a vegetable garden and fruit trees
- Insulate, insulate, insulate
- Install weatherstripping
- Set up cisterns for water catchment
- Put in an attic fan
- Build a windmill (okay, a turbine) (J is Dutch) (half Dutch)
- Set up some sort of gray-water system
- Cover the windows with triple-cell honeycomb blinds
- Buy a front-loading washer
- Use a clothesline (we air-dry a lot now, but it takes up a lot of floor space inside)
- Build a water-permeable driveway
Hmm. It seems like we have more goals than that. But it’s a start.